Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What week is it?

I am so behind on everything it feels like. Especially taking B's weekly pictures! I've already missed 3 weeks of them -_- and I'm just getting around to editing her 2 month pictures which I took 2 weeks ago. I should be taking her 10 week pictures today, possibility of that happening is slightly low. Since a lot of things have changed I will just do an over view of what has been going on in our busy, but happy lives...

School has started. This is my 3rd attempt at finishing a Fall semester... slightly pathetic. I should be starting my last year of college, but I haven't even finished 1 year... I try not to think about that. I am taking two 12 week courses, and two 6 week courses. My first 6 week class is over in about a week and surprisingly I have an A in the class. Next will be humanities which should be a piece of cake considering its the same class I took last Fall semester and didn't finish.
Brynnley has been sleeping through the night for 2 weeks now. It is pure bliss. She takes naps during the day. The times vary depending where I actually lay her down. If she's napping in her crib I'm lucky to get an hour out of her, if she's in my bed she'll sleep for 3 hours.... I try to make a good habit to not let her get used to sleeping in my bed, but there are those days that I'm about to fall over exhausted so we both go take a nap in my bed. We throughly enjoy it.
B thinks she's a big girl. She has been trying to sit up if she's inclined at all since she was 3 weeks old. She is so attentive and alert and loves to see the world.
She thinks she is hilarious. And I have to agree. She smiles constantly and loves to hear herself make noises. Whenever she makes a new sound she gets all quiet for about a second, looks slightly confused, and then throws her head back and laughs...it's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.
She can fit Newborn, and 0-3 month clothes. Mostly she wears the bigger size, but my sentimental days she gets stuck in the Newborns...i'm pathetic.
B went on her first plane ride and was an angel. It helped she was going through a growth spurt and slept the entire time, and the entire trip in Boston. I only took a front carrier and she slept in it all day everyday. The plane ride back was a little different since she was over sleeping and wanted to look around and see things but she was still good on the plane and everyone told me what a good baby she is. I am a lucky mama! We're going to Utah in a week, keeping my fingers crossed she is just as good on those plane rides.
If you couldn't tell, I have finally started using a nickname for Brynnley, but only when I'm writing something out. I'm sure one day when she's older I'll call her Brynn, but for now that is just too short and harsh coming out of my mouth for her.
She knows mine, my moms and uncle Seth's voice and will actually look for us when she hears us.
She loves to be talked to and loves to talk back.
She isn't too impressed with any other face but a smile. She constantly has a confused look on her face unless you're smiling at her.
She does not like or trust my phone. I try constantly to get pictures of her smiling on my phone but as soon as she sees it she stares it down and will not crack a smile until I put it out of sight then she's all smiles again...slightly frustrating when I want to show her off in a text message.
She is so ticklish! Her belly, legs, feet and neck are all hot spots.
She is constantly wiggling. Even in her sleep (which is why co-sleeping did not work for us), she is constantly moving or grunting. I have a bad feeling the minute she can crawl and walk on her own she is gonna be wiggling out of my arms to be independent and explore.
She still loves to cuddle though. I have to take credit for that, I have moments I love to cuddle and other moments I don't want anyone or thing to touch me.
She looks more like me everyday! It makes me smile when anyone tells me how much she looks like me, I love having a Mini Me.
Her first round of shots was the saddest thing ever. She loves her Doctor and was smiling and cooing at him for the whole check up and then all of a sudden she got stuck with the needle and let out the loudest saddest cry and looked so confused and betrayed. Worst part was I wasn't even looking at her when they stuck her because someone was talking to me. I felt bad. But she didn't get a fever or anything and was spoiled all day.
She LOVEs tv and movies. Especially the new Star Trek movie. She's seen it about 5 times and the other day it came on a commercial and her head snapped up and she watched the entire commercial without moving at all. She doesn't tolerate anything slow or boring, especially love stories...she's an all action, suspense and drama girl....not sure how I'll feel about that as she gets bigger, but for now it's a great distraction when I need a few minutes.
She is so impatient. If she's hungry that bottle better pop out of thin air in a second or else she's screaming her head off.
She burps louder than most adults I know... I didn't mean to pass that on to her
Ceiling fans are very interesting and she stares at them for a good while.
She is very dramatic (not from me) and she loves people and socializing

I have decided that while Newborn's are amazing, small and so cute, I prefer this age to Newborns. Maybe it's just me but with being so worried all the time with such a little fragile being, figuring out if they have reflux or food allergies and what does and doesn't work with their systems is so stressful and exhausting. Once she hit 7 weeks most of our problems were resolved and she's been doing so much better, but I love that she has finally hit the stage that she's interested in the world around her, she smiles and plays and actually responds in some way or another to the attention she gets. I am so excited to see how she grows and changes and becomes her own little person.

These are her 2 month pictures. We didn't get to using the blocks this time, this was actually the day she got her shots and was amazingly happy.













No comments:

Post a Comment