She's been spitting up since she was born. Lovely right? Now a little spit up I can handle, but 7-10 times per feeding, and her feeding every 2-3 hours....not so much. We've been to the Doctor and she said it might be her eating too much or too fast or the mucus from her sickness irritating her stomach or a milk allergy or reflux...you get the idea. On top of that she was fussy unless I was holding her, wasn't sleeping more than 3 hours at a time during the night, and wouldn't sleep during the day, unless I was holding her again.
Finally I got the sickness to go away. Apparently this little girl inherited more than just my looks, but my low tolerance and allergies for too many things. She can't take the antibiotics Amoxicillin. Why I didn't think to tell the doctor my intolerance of it, I don't know. But we lasted 5 days on it, I quit giving it to her, and what do you know?! Happy baby with little to no fussing is back! Dumb medicine. Nap time came back, and sleeping better on some nights returned as well. Spitting up stayed. But 3 out of 4 was good for me! Until this week. Her skin rash was still as bad as ever, or even a little worse and her spitting up was getting projectile, so back to the doctor we went.
A little background first, when I was a baby I was on soy formula due to a lactose intolerance/milk allergy. Since Brynnley was 2 weeks I had a feeling we would end up on soy, but I was very attached to nursing so I stuck it out and tried everything else! Well we went to the doctor this past thursday, and as luck would have it....soy formula was prescribed as well as mixing it with rice cereal in her bottle to thicken it up. So I have officially become a formula feeding mom and I can't say I'm too sad only because baby girl is now spitting up maybe 2 times a feeding. HUGE improvement. Her rash is pretty much gone too. I really should listen to my instincts more often I guess.
So now we have nipped most of all the problems. The past 2 nights she has even slept 6.5 hour chunks! and taken a good 3-4 hour naps during the day.
Anyways now for the good stuff
She now weights 9lbs 8 oz! Hasn't gotten much longer so she is still fighting in Newborn clothes, but 3 month sleepers which I am LOVING. She loves to pick up her head and look around and she is so strong! She is always sticking her tongue out or has her hands in her mouth, and has started looking at the camera during our weekly pictures! She is seriously attached to her pacifiers. Do not take those things away from this little sucker fish, she will let you know that is not okay! Her facial expressions have to be the cutest thing ever! She usually just looks at you seriously confused or with a big smile! Oh and newest this week is the talking! She always has something to say when her mouth isn't occupied with a bottle or pacifier. She loves to her herself. She fluctuates her voice and gets the biggest smile when she can tell a difference. She also loves to her herself cry...I prefer the cooing and ahhing, but what can you do? She also LOVES bath time with Grammy and cuddle time with mama.
Sentimental moment:
It makes me so sad sometimes when I look at her and see how much she has grown already! She is already getting independent at times and she is only 6 weeks! She loves to be facing away from me so she can look around and she loves to be on her play mat playing her her toys and trying to roll and inch along. I can't believe it's been six weeks since I had her. I remember the first thing I said when I saw her was "Oh my gosh...she is so little!" and now when people see her they always comment how small she is and all I can think is "Are you crazy?! She's huge now!"
But I am also excited to be able to be with her everyday and watch her grow and change and do new things! Just the other day I was wondering when she was going to start cooing and baby talking and the very next day she started! I am such a sap but She is easily the best thing ever and I am so obsessed with her.
Now the photo bomb!
















No comments:
Post a Comment