This week has been very busy and exciting!
My mom and I have been doing a lot of work around the house. Our latest project was building a fire pit and laying sod in our backyard that was a big dirt spot.
We got landscaping blocks and I set all the blocks to make the circular pit. The next day we laid sod. I really disliked that part. It was sunny and hot. I got an awesome farmers tan.
Yesterday was my baby shower. I'll warn you now the pictures came out not so great. Bad lighting and I totally forgot to adjust my camera settings. But it was still fun! We had a ton of food that we made ourselves and we did all the decorations and sugar scrub favors. By the way, opening presents in a chair when you're short is slightly hard. I never could see over the bags.
Over all it was a good day. My feet were so swollen by the end of the night, and still are, but it was worth it.
Everyone made me feel so good telling me how cute I looked. Normally I'm in baggy clothes and keep my bump under wraps. But I was good and got all dressed up and in a baby bump showing dress for the occasion.
And last but not least this week I officially hit my third trimester. Tomorrow I will be 29 weeks though I'm not very big. My size depends completely on how she is laying. Sometimes shes in my back so I'm really small, other times she's front and center.
She is a very calm baby. She'll have her moments that she kicks and flips and jabs me in my rips or behind my hip bones, but for the most part she just gives me little nudges that is a nice reassurance that she's still in there!
I still have awful heartburn and acid reflux. I eat roughly 5-6 tums a night before I go to sleep and drink a bottle or more of water throughout the night. Which means I'm getting up ALL THE TIME to pee. It is a vicious cycle.
It freaks me out, blows my mind and makes me excited that I have about 11 weeks left. How I can feel those 3 different emotions at once I blame on pregnancy hormones. Though I have to say my mood is usually good, when it is bad it lasts only a few moments. Baby girl likes to nudge me when I have those moods and it instantly makes me smile. I can tell she's gonna be a happy little thing who can make anyone smile.
I don't really have cravings, though I am back to mostly wanting the healthy stuff.
My belly button is half way out still. I'm waiting for the POP. I'm not sure how I exactly feel about it either.
I've gotten a little bit of my fatigue back but not enough that makes going through the day miserable.
I do have to say that I got my glucose test this past week and it was not half as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone told me how AWFUL the drink was, but mine tasted like the powder fruit punch that had just a little too much powder in it. Not bad at all, and as luck would have it, I was craving fruit punch. I didn't hear anything from my DRs office so I am assuming I passed..?
Little girl's room is coming together nicely. I washed and put all the things from the baby shower away, but I still have quite a bit to get. I'm sure it is a bad thing, but Amazon approved me for a new credit card, with a higher limit than what I am used to, but I figure I have to buy the stuff one way or another and why not build my credit at the same time?! I'm trying to justify having a second credit card. Luckily I don't have many expenses so I should be able to keep control. "Should" is the key word there.
I cannot wait to see and hold her and to take lots of pictures. I'm all in this scrap booking mood and I hope it stays after I have her. I would hate myself if I didn't take pictures and actually do something with them than leave them on my computer.
May 1st I start going to the doctors every two weeks. The only reason I am actually excited for this is because I have started getting braxton hicks lower and more intense. I am hoping that I get one more ultrasound before she is born because I don't want to pay for a 3d/4d at a unaffliated office.

No comments:
Post a Comment