Thursday, June 2, 2011

Procrastination

Well our apartment is officially furnished. I finished the chairs, end tables, coffee table, tv and bedroom set. I have realized that in my excitement of our apartment, i have completely put wedding planning on hold. Not my smartest move.


It just hit me last night how close my wedding actually is. When i think about it in 2 week increments it seems insane how close it is. Also with this realization, comes panic. I have realized just how much i have been putting off, and how soon the deadlines for certain things are. So today i got on the ball and got mostly everything done that needs to be done at this moment. Just a few things left for now then it's easy planning from then on. Or so i think until i think of all the rest of the things i need to do, but not until the last 30 days. 


I am so ready for planning to be over. I don't care how many movies, tv shows or stories there are out there about wedding planning being super fun and exciting. Yes it is exciting because of what you are planning for, but the actual planning is not. With decisions about every little detail, mostly on things i have never really thought about. Like cakes. I know nothing about cakes or designs or what i even want. I am all for telling someone experienced my colors and general ideas for a cake, and letting them take the reins on it from there on. Same with the flowers. Noooo clue whatsoever. But i guess i've gotta learn sometime right ? 


On a brighter note, i finally got my wedding dress! That is part of the planning that i enjoy, along with my invitations. My dress is amazing! Definitely my favorite i've ever seen. I'm having it altered this month along with a few changes :D 


Everything is happening so soon, and i cannot wait for August 6 and to start my new life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment