Saturday, June 8, 2013

Excitement!

Things have been quite exciting lately! My nephew Tyler who is 7 came down to visit us for a whole week! We went to Lego Land, the Beach and Sea World while he was here and of course he took full advantage of us having a pool! Sadly it was really cloudy and rainy while he was here so we mostly just got the morning to do things but we still had lots of fun.

















We did A LOT of walking! At 35 weeks pregnant I think I was brave to go to all these places with them!


Thursday I had my first weekly Dr appt and got checked to see if I had started dilating at all yet. I was kinda excited for my appointment and actually had questions to ask, which was a first! So even though it was raining, I got all ready and was off to Daytona.
**A little background first; Back in March I had a nightmare that I was pregnant and I got into a car accident and at the hospital they told me I was last priority and they wouldn't check to see if the baby was okay. So since then I've been terrified of traffic, driving in the rain or driving long distances**
Anyways so like I said it was raining (thanks to our first Tropical Storm Andrea) and I have to go on the highway to Daytona. I was about 10 minutes from my doctors when this happened....

My poor little car :( first dent ever!
How that happened was the car in front of me was following really close to other cars, and it made me nervous so I stayed farther back from him. I wasn't speeding or texting or being distracted at all, and he slammed on his breaks and stopped really fast, so I slammed on my breaks. But wouldn't you know, I didn't stop. My tires locked up and I slid into his back end and bumped off and into the lane next to us. How there wasn't any traffic over there or coming up I cannot say because it was a busy day on the highway. And I wasn't going fast enough for my airbag to deploy. So we pulled over to the shoulder and checked out the damage. He was in a Pilot SUV and had a hitch, thankfully that is what I hit so his car was perfectly fine! Mine....well kissed his hitch and got that pretty little mark. But I know how lucky I am that that was all the damage, and I hadn't hit my belly or anything (again because i've been paranoid about driving and have my seat back as far as I can). 
It was hardly an accident, but it really freaked me out! So once I got to the doctors they listened to her heartbeat (totally normal) checked my blood pressure (definitely high for me) and then got checked. Zero dilation yet, but I've still got 4 weeks left. It made me feel A LOT better that she was moving a lot right after the accident and the rest of the day so I knew she was okay. But now I'm even more freaked out to drive 
-_-


No comments:

Post a Comment