We're going back to school in August and I wanted to have a desk and hopefully a "study corner" for our school work. I don't know why but I feel like if I have a dedicated school work space, I'll get more done. So I had the idea to sell our washer and dryer because they are in their own extension off the kitchen, and put a desk and everything we'd need in there. That way no space would be taken up in our already small apartment. I know the next question. What are we gonna do without a washer a dryer? Well Cade's parents are very excited that they will be seeing more of us to use their washer and dryer. (they offered after we sold the washer and dryer. We were not counting on this)
Anyways, Our apartment leasing office just recently remolded their office. I absolute LOVED the new colors when I saw them, so i knew exactly what I wanted to paint our new little space. The next problem was that the space was a awkward size for a desk and no desk was long enough. So I had the ingenious idea that we should make one. And this is the outcome!
We had to bolt the 2x4s to the wall, and that was not fun. Our AC unit is behind the wall to the left, just to give you an idea what we had to deal with.
BUT
I absolutely LOVE it, I'm still working on a lamp and a chair because this desk is ALOT higher than normal chairs will fit, but I have a few ideas ;)
Next project is to finish the table. I've been so slow doing this because I can't decide without a doubt what I want to do with the top to finish it off. But It will get done. Eventually!
No comments:
Post a Comment